Hello I here again


Now where was I – oh yes

Thursday was the day that we managed to find somewhere with a free wi-fi so that I could check my emails & write something for the blog.

After that & doing our shopping we drove to a lake we had been told about & took a nice leisurely stroll on its banks.  I took quite a lot of photos, as the lacke (ha! Caught out between French & English there – lac or lake) - was tree lined in places & I got some good shots through the trees. On the way back to the gite, Bob said that he thought we had not been to the correct lake as he had been told that there was also a nice water garden there, which we had not seen. He checked with the owners of the gite who had told us about it & found his thoughts were right. So we will need to look for that sometime.

This brings us to Friday when we visited a lovely old small city called Moncontour.  Or as they called it “Un petit cité caractere”.  The buildings really had lots of character & a lot of the shops & business had really great signs hanging outside – so lots of photos taken.  After partaking of some refreshment – I have got a liking for Breton Cidre – we travelled to a little place called Paimport where we found ………. Yes you’ve guessed it – another lake. Although very pleasant to walk alongside it didn’t quite have the appeal that others had. We decided to try a restaurant in our local town – Quincamp – for our evening meal & found one that was situated by the side of a river.  Sadly it was a bit too cool to eat outside – but we had a pleasant view from inside.  I had the most unusual dessert which when we translated it seemed to mean “cheese basket with strawberries” – so I was quite intrigued to see what I would get.  The cheese basket was in fact a kind of blancmange (that’s the nearest I can describe it), it was white & creamy & tasted of cheese (I thought slightly goats cheese – Bob wouldn’t try it to see if he agreed), & it had sliced strawberries around it & on top of it.  Absolutely delicious.

That brings us to Saturday – last day of June.  First job – visit supermarket for weekend supplies as they do not open on Sundays.  From there we drove to a little place called Saint Marcel which has a museum dedicated to the French resistance in the area.  It was very interesting but my low knowledge of French meant I didn’t understand everything.  Bob had an English folder they gave him – but I take photos – so can’t hold a folder as well.  They were very brave people & as you walk around in the surrounding quiet countryside it is hard to believe that all that fighting went on.  So sad.  On our drive back to the gite we decided that we would find a creperie to have our meal.  We spotted a little building on the roadside on the outskirts of a town called Pontivy. We decided to give it a try.  Well! What a place & what a find. It was all done out with naval artefacts of the sailing era - & the menu!!!.  Well, that was something else.  Six pages of different Gallettes & four pages of Crepes.  Took ages to make our choice.  It definitely deserves another visit.

I have now reached Sunday (1 July) which is our rest day & tomorrow we are going to visit the supermarket with the wi-fi – so hopefully you will have this to read sometime Monday.  Talking of reading – I think I will get back to my French craft magazines.  Not sure if I will be able to blog again before getting home.  But if I can manage it I will.

‘Bye for now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko