just chatting

Good afternoon ladies

How has your weekend been going? Enjoyable I hope.

As you know from my posting on Friday I did not after all go to the Stamp festival in Wrexham on Saturday.  Is there somebody who went to it that would like to do a little write up for me?  Just send it in email & I will include it.  If you have photos - even better.  Remember this blog is for you - so if you do have things you would like to tell us about - just do it please.

Bob & I had a great visit to the family history day we went to.  When he told me about it I wasn't sure how big an event it was.  It turned out to be the church of the area opening for the day & letting people have access to the original record books about baptisms, marriages & deaths.  They also had local census information.  Going through the record books we managed to tie up some loose ends on Bob's tree.  It is quite fascinating seeing the original records because you see your ancestors handwriting where they signed the certificates, or a comment beside an X that they could not write. But also Bob had long talks with some of the people there who knew all about the area & it's surrounds & the families that used to live there.  So he could chat to others about people he had known when small & at school.  A really fruitful trip.  Now all I have to do is update his tree with the information we found. Ah ha, Bob must have read my mind as he has just brought in the papers on which I made my notes.  So that looks like my next task when finished here.

So that we have a photo today here is a birthday card I made just recently.


I love this rose stamp, it was one I got from Dimension Stamps at the May HSNW festival.  This time rather than stamp it direct onto the card I very carefully cut around it & placed it on 3-d foam dots,.  The edge of the card has had the distress  treatment just to lift the white a little.  A little bit of bling to complete it - although now looking at the photo perhaps I should have put a clear jewel on the rose it would then have looked more like a raindrop.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend - tomorrow I have to prepare for our CSNW August meeting on Wednesday night.

'Bye for now.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko