A birthday card

Hi everyone - how are you all today.

Today - well all week actually - we have the local council outside resurfacing the road at the side of our house.  Today is really noisy & smelly - difficult to concentrate.

I still managed to make a card though, which is good as I am trying (from today) to make a card each day.  If I have a good session & make more than one that will be a bonus.

Here is the one I made this morning -


I decided to go as clean & simple as I could.  This is one of my favourite stamps & I do try to use it in different ways.  This time - I have stamped the image twice in black archival ink & quickly applied some clear EP & heated it.  Then I cut out just the head & shoulders of the lady for my second image. Then I layered the full image onto some black card leaving a very narrow border, & adhered it to the main card.  I didn't want a lot of colour in this - but I didn't want it just black & white either.  So! I went for the red hat. Then I placed it on top of the main image with foam pads.  That flourish is from a sheet of die-cut flourishes that I bought from C & C some time back.  Obviously I didn't just buy one sheet it was quite a large pack.  Half the sheets were white & half black.  As I popped it from the sheet it fell right by the stamped image & that is how I ended up using like a photo stand.  The addition of a simple sentiment & a few red gems - card complete.

I have a busy afternoon so probably will not get another one made today - but should manage at least one tomorrow.

Have a good day
More tomorrow
'Bye for now

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko