A card today but .......

............... yes another digital one not a stamped one.  Sorry!

In fact I made 2.

Anyway, Good afternoon ladies & how are you all.

I don't think I have mentioned before but we have had 2 wasps nests in our house.  Well, actually one in the garden & one in the roof of the kitchen extension.  The man helping with the garden discovered that one by getting stung.  Fortunately he did not have an allergy to wasp stings.  The other one, I had a pretty good feeling it was there somewhere as I could hear them when I was in the craft room.  Then one of the warm days last week I opened the window for fresh air & could see them going in & out between the roof tiles just a little way below the window.  Yesterday the man from the Council came & injected the garden nest but said he couldn't do the kitchen roof one.  He recommended someone to do it & they came this morning.  He has recommended I don't use the craft room until tomorrow when it will be safe to open the window.

That is my excuse (& I am sticking to it) of why I have not produced stamped cards today.

Yesterday late evening I downloaded 2 of Carolines digikits into my Serif software & this morning decided to use them to make cards.  Here is the first one -


I really like the different colours for these poppies.  Everything is from the kit.  The corners are a little cluster of 3 poppies which when turned slightly & also placed slightly off the page create a corner image.  The topper is made from 2 poppy rings with one being reduced in size to fit inside the other, then a poppy cluster placed inside that & finally a single poppy flower in the centre.  Across the middle is a poppy ribbon.  The software allows me to put in shadows so the pieces do look like they are slightly raised on the background.

I made that one before even getting dressed this morning.  So a bit later I went back in again & produced this one -


I played with this one a little more.  Within the software you can copy the backgrounds & turn them into material which allows you to cut them up & punch shapes out of them.  I was going to use that feature to start with & then changed my mind.  Instead I created an embossed background using one of the background papers in the pack - which was daffodil clusters, & then put it through an effect process which caused it to be embossed plus by applying other effects I achieved this single colour background.

The background of the card has 2 small squares of this new paper & 2 squares of one of Carolines backgrounds.  The topper is from the pack, but I copied it then put it through a photo cut out section of the software & took away all the background & frame.  This then allowed me to 3-d the daffodil flower.  The borders are made of the daffodil ribbon.  Again shadows give it a little more reality especially the central flower.  As I look at the picture now I can see I didn't give the words a drop shadow which would have just finished it nicely.

I haven't printed these 2 yet - they are 5" square cards - but I did print one that I made about a week ago & was very pleased with the result.  So I think my fund raising cards will be created this way.

Before I print it I can go back & make any changes I wish or copy it & change the colours for a different card.

Also this afternoon I have prepared some more of our wedding stationery.

So, actually I have been a fairly busy girl.

That's me for today - no workshop again tomorrow.  Never mind.
Have a lovely evening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko