another card

Good evening everyone

Well despite having to wait around for the gas man today & also having a visit from my brother & nephew I did manage to get a card done.

I have lost count - I think this is number 7 - which on my reckoning makes me 3 cards adrift with my attempt to make one a day starting from a week ago Tuesday. So a bit of catching up to do.


A complete change of colour for me.  This is another Dimension Stamps image & is the first time I have used it.  I decided I would have some background paper for a change too & looking through a pad I had, I spotted (sorry - no pun intended) this spotty orange paper.  But it is not orange - I don't know what you would call it.  Looking for the colour ink pads to use I found I had 2 in that sort of shade, in fact the darker one is almost identical & it is called Topaz.  Now I made a serious stampers error.  Having painted the image with my trusty water brush & the ink pads I cut out the image leaving a little border all round then I placed it on the card with sticky pads to raise it a little.  I then decided to put the Happy Birthday bottom right corner BUT made the decision to stamp it in the Topaz ink & emboss it with clear EP.  Now we all know how disastrous it would have been had that little part of the work had gone wrong.  But I was lucky.

Since coming home from the Mold club meeting I have loaded the photos I took & tomorrow I will resize them & put them in the blog.  Probably not until the evening as we are going out for the day.

That is me for today  - more tomorrow.
Night night

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko