Another card!

Good morning everyone

Yes, another card - but this one was made at my Happy Stampers club night last night.  Very much made on the hoof.  It was our birthday meeting last night - we are 17!!!!  I cannot believe that it is 17 years - where has the time gone!

Our project was to make a birthday card that featured cake.  Well! not my sort of stamp - but I had a set that was a freebie on a magazine so I took that & some ink & watercolour pencils.  Oh dear - some of the stamps were rather frustrating.  There was one that I think was meant to represent a tablecloth - I couldn't get ink in the middle & as you know I use a stamping mat to assist with the pressure. Anyway I was rescued by Caroline who had one of her texture mats with her which was lacy - so you will see that I used that on a piece of torn paper.  The set had a row of bunting which I thought was cute & was going to use but it wouldn't stick to the block.  That can be remedied for the future. Anyway here it is -


As you can see very simple.  The little dots on the background at the top are actually glitter glue which another lady let me use - is it called Sprinkles?  The Happy Birthday is from another set I have & I only had a scrap of card left to stamp it on so I used torn edges again & added colour with water brush & pencils.  As you know quite a bit recently I have been using my ink pads & water brush to colour my images.  These images were coloured using my water brush but with some watercolour pencils I had.  I had actually put them in a box to see if anyone would like to have them as I wasn't using them - but I am afraid they are now back in my drawer.  Sorry!

I should have had a workshop this morning - but only one lady had booked on it - so that wasn't taking place.  Tomorrow afternoon there is a scrap booking workshop - only one regular lady has put her name down for it - so that doesn't look very promising - unless the others have just forgotten to confirm they will be attending.  This means I have to go in case they all turn up - if they don't the one lady will have to go back home.  It is such a shame.  The workshop on Thursday is also looking like it won't take place.  I just don't know what is going on.

For September & October I have cut the workshops back to one a week - if they still don't take off I think I will stop altogether.  Either the ladies round here have done everything or I am not coming up with the right ideas.  So a bit of thinking to do on this I think.

Right! must get on with some domesticity.  May be back again later.  Have a great day - 'bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko