birthday cards 3 & 4

Good afternoon everyone & what a beautiful day again.

I have managed to catch up on my attempt to produce a card each day.  I had some inspiration to kick start me when I received one of my regular emails from an American website.  The technique being described on this really caught my interest, & I used it for both these cards.  The website is - StampTV - this is part of the GinaK website. Clickiing on StampTV in the line above will take you direct to the video tutorial for this background.  I thought it would be nicer for you to go & see for yourself rather than me write instructions.

Here they are -


The background is the feature from the video on this card & the next one.  Another thing that I "stole" from that video was this great way of putting the sentiment at the side of the focal image.  All the stamping was done on white card & the sections layered onto navy blue card then placed on a deckle-edged white card.


As I had enjoyed making this background I made another one then used my cloche hat lady again.  This time I stamped her with Adirondak Denim ink & embossed her with clear EP.  I then used Adirondak Stonewash ink pad & the Denim pad again, to colour the hat & coat using my water brush.  As in the first card the pieces were layered onto the navy blue card & then a base white card.

Do go & take a look at that video & try the technique for yourself - it is so easy & very effective.  I used a Tim Holtz ink applicator to apply the ink but it was a little too big - a small sponge that has been shaped ball like should work wonderfully.  I am going to try & source some finger daubers.  I used to have some a while back but don't know what happened to them.

Well! this weather is forecast for the weekend - so have a lovely weekend.  If you are having a BBQ don't eat too much & don't overdo it in the sun.

Have fun!
'Bye for now.

Comments

  1. Thanks Gloria I LOVE that technique! What a great site and the freebie papers are fabulous. Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pillow box technique and tried it out using distress ink and cut and dry foam, looks good on atc size too. We'll have to this at club sometime. Annette

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko