Some cards

Good afternoon ladies

Well, that's the Bank Holiday weekend almost over & not too nice a day to end it on.  I hope you all managed to find something really nice to do.

I have been having a quiet play day today as Bob had to set up some computers for his work this week.  i have been playing with some very clever features on the digital side which I will show you later but first some cards that have been stamped.


You will have seen Sympathy cards from me like this before.  It is a very pleasant image & says all it needs to say.  Then inside I can write to suit each sad occasion.


This is another birthday card to add to my collection of cards.  I must make some without birthday on as well. It has a diagonal front as you can see & this came about by accident.  I had stamped the image in the bottom left corner & wanted to also stamp one from the top right almost joining up to it.  But, it didn't stamp very well. In a fit of pique I nearly screwed the card up to throw away.  Then I noticed the position of the images - laid the ruler across & found I could cut off the bad image.  I then cut a narrow strip of card with deckle edge scissors & coloured the edge with the same ink as the flowers.  This was then adhered to the inside back of the diagonal edge.  I then sealed the bottom edge of the card to create a pocket.


I stamped my favourite verse onto a square of card which I edged with the same colour ink as the flowers.


Here it is complete with insert.  I rather like this style of card & think I will make some more like this for different occasions

The floral image on this card is from a set from Woodware.  Very delicate images that will get used over & over I think.

That is my cards today - I may be back later to show you a digital page from my day out yesterday.

'Bye for now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko