Weekend Projects - 2

Hi - it's me back again

Here is my second project,


This little album is made from one sheet of A4 card & it is important to get the score lines very precise.  Also there are a couple of cuts made into the score line which also need to be precise.  My finished album is just a little wonky in one place & I think it is due to my scoring / cutting being a little but out - even though I did the scoring on the Hougie Board.


This is the front view which has a little flap in it (the plain cream card) & I have made a mini card to tuck inside leaving the front of the card outside the flap, which you can see in first photo.


This is what it looks like at the first opening.  A pocket on the right with a tabbed card inside, & a fold down, fold up flap on the left.  The circular element has the top flap tucked behind it to keep them closed..


This just shows the tabbed card that is in the pocket.


This view shows the pocket folded back to reveal a plain page that could hold a photo, a stamped image or a greeting.


This view shows the previously flapped section with the flaps open.


This is the view of the back which also has flaps that are held closed by the circular embellishment.


This is the back section opened up.

Again you can see I have partially decorated it.  I have left areas free so that I can get the ladies on the workshop to come up with their ideas of what could go there.

I enjoyed making this one & think I might make some more.  The card was rather thin but still worked quite well - but I think I would use slightly better card in future.

The rest of the weekend was spent making sure I had good samples for HSNW meeting tonight & notes done for both tonight at club & tomorrow at the workshop.

Here are my 2 sample pages for the HSNW project - our birthday card book.



These 2 are just to give the ladies an idea & show how the calendar strips need to be on opposite sides on alternate pages.  I will be doing the other 10 pages & preparing the spine & covers during the coming month. Then in October will be showing the ladies how to put it all together.

The other thing I had to do for tonight was prepare my square for the exhibition board for the festival.  I will show you that after the festival.

Later this week it is the September meeting for Mold club - so must make sure I have everything sorted out for that.

This morning I popped down to the Days Hotel & enrolled in their Health Club.  I want to start swimming regularly again.  So now I have to find time in my day to pop down there at least 3 times a week.  Anybody got any spare days they don't want that I can pinch.   :)

So there you are that is what I have been up to, as well as all the domestic things you have to do, & having a play with my digital scrap booking.

I hope that whatever you did at the weekend was enjoyable.

More tomorrow.  'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko