A candle

Good afternoon everyone I hope you all had a good weekend.

On Saturday evening Bob & I met up with my brother & nephew as they were over here for motor bike racing qualifications.  My nephew has gained "points" or whatever it is called which now allows him to race in the Isle of Man in the Grand Prix races.  I know his Mum is not too keen on the idea - but then most Mum's wouldn't be would they?

They were staying over at Billinge not far from St Helens - so we went over there at sat & talked for a while then my brother, Bob & I went for a meal.  We went to a pub not far away & they did a curry meal or pizza meal for ............ 2 courses for £8-95 or alternatively 2 main courses for £10.  We all had the 2 for £8-95.  It was excellent - as good a curry you would get in an Indian Restaurant.

Now although I had eaten those 2 curries (one with Gareth on Friday?) I did not go for my exercise today.  I had quite a bit of paperwork to see to & prepare for a visit to a WI tomorrow night.  I am going to show them how to decorate a candle with paper napkins & hopefully get a nice table decoration sorted.  I am only going to show them the candle - but have got ideas to give them to put it into an arrangement.

Here is the one I am taking as an example - but they will be making a Christmas one.

 
This is the main image & I have added some little flat-backed gems to the image & a Happy Birthday ribbon around the bottom.
 
 
This is the smaller image from the napkin on the other side.
 
I have had these pansy napkins for sometime as I was going to decoupage a chipboard box with them.  Now that I have got in the mood I will probably get on & do that.  Or ....... perhaps use them on a canvas!
 
I was going to show them how to do this with rubber stamping, but there are 30 ladies & I was a bit concerned about using heat guns & keeping an eye on things.  So we went for this option.  They really are pretty & I will probably donate this one to the group that I raise money for, along with whatever I make tomorrow evening.
 
So! now I am all ready for tomorrow night; & all my letters are done & in the post.  Quite a good days work.  Except for the lack of exercise.
 
I am hoping to go down tomorrow morning a little earlier than usual because I will be taking our daughter-in-law to Chester station at noon - she is going to her Mum & Dad for a while, ready for her Nan's funeral.
 
More tomorrow - have a nice evening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko