a canvas & some cards

Good afternoon ladies

Well, a really nice evening was had yesterday with Gareth to celebrate his birthday.  We drove over to the Tava Indian Restaurant in Holt & had a lovely meal.  Now this evening we will be meeting up with my brother & nephew who are over for the weekend near Wigan where my nephew is racing.  Having not had an Indian meal since the day we returned to the UK after our Brittany holiday in June, I would lay odds on us having a second one in 2 days tonight. My brother enjoys his curries.

Sadly this morning we heard that our daughter-in-law's grandmother died last night.  So a couple of sympathy cards had to be made today.  I will show you what I made - they were very simple in design.



As you can see they are almost identical.  In the photo they have a blue tinge but they are actually a very crisp white with the sentiment in a pale lilac.  The little flourish is a die-cut which I made with my Sissix Sidekick machine.

After making these cards I thought as I had things out on my table I would decorate one of those little canvases.


This little work is blue.  I coloured the canvas with 2 shades of blue Adirondack inks & added the spots.  The butterfly I stamped direct onto the canvas with the same ink which didn't come out too crisp.  Then I stamped the flower square on some thin paper, gave it a torn edge rather than a cut one & glued it to the canvas.  I strung the little circular embellishments with some very fine cotton & then glued a flower gem over the cotton to hold it in place. A couple more flower gems & the little 6-sided stone onto which I had stamped the butterfly wing & the gold corners on 2 opposite corners finishes it.  I wish I had bought some silver corners as I think they would have looked better.

Well we have a lovely sunny day today so I hope you have all found something to do whereby you can enjoy the sun.  Have a lovely weekend.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post