CSNW Photos

Right here I am again.

Last night was a most enjoyable evening, Marie's enthusiasm for her craft really lifts you.  I started by taking photos of the group as they worked.  Sadly we were missing 4 ladies, so a little smaller than usual.  So beware the 2 Mold clubs - I will be taking photos of you as you work when Marie visits you.  I did check with the ladies if they were happy to have their photos on the blog & they were OK with it.

Here we go......





So, now you have met most of the CSNW ladies.

There are a variety of different styles on these canvases, with some of them going to have a little more added on later.  They are all brilliant.


I love this silhouette flower stamp (can't remember what it is called) & using shades of one colour really works well.  Very nice indeed.


Here is that stamp again used totally differently - the shading in the background really setting the flowers off.  Isn't it always surprising how one image can look so different when used with a different colour way?


I love these little stamps - they are from Pampered Pets.  Margaret who made this one thought the frame too heavy - but applying Glossy Accents or similar could soften it. Very nice indeed.


I love these subtle beige sepia style colours.  That will make a great topper for a Christmas card & the canvases are light enough to attach to a card. Beautiful.


More sepia shades & I must apologise to Glynis, as the photo is a bit blurry.
I have a little free standing table light with halogen bulb I must start bringing it to meetings with me - it will help make things clearer & also get rid of the shadow I sometimes get.  Sorry - because this takes away the full impact of this lovely design.  The "Paris" image on the right looks like it was stamped direct onto the canvas but it was stamped on paper, then inked to match background & glued on.


Isn't he cute - you know me & frogs. Layering him onto dark card gives him quite a lot of impact. I can just imagine some of those googly eyes on him for a fun topper.


Another Pampered Pet stamp, & look at his sparkly coat & tartan bow.  He really is pampered.  Those "splodges" could almost be paw marks. Lovely image.


Beautiful butterflies amongst the foliage.  Very pretty & delicate design.  The solid style butterflies stamped in that pale colour helps give depth against the dark foliage, you are almost looking through the leaves.  Very effective.


Now! I don't want to upset anybody but I think this is absolutely beautiful & if I am to have a favourite -which I always try not to have, but afraid I am this time - this is it.  It is so artistic - yet clean & elegant.  The layering of the images & the 3-d butterflies works so well.
Well done Joyce.


Another very elegant canvas & ladies those corners really set these canvases off - I weakened & bought some.  I say weakened I think they were only 45p for 8.  Last of the big spenders me (I did buy other things honestly).  I also love the key hanging on the ribbon.  It is those sort of embellishments which really bring these canvases alive & give them that something different.

Every one of those canvases is a miniature work of art.  It is actually no different than making a topper for a card - but the minute we see a different medium we worry we don't know what to do on or with it.  I think it brings out the artist in everyone & of course the inspiration from Marie helped.  Thank you Marie for a great evening.

See what you have to look forward to Mold & Mold II ladies?

That's me for today - off to play with my canvas.  Have a great day - more tomorrow.
'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko