Mold photos

Here I am again - this time with the photos from last nights meeting of the Mold club.  Sadly we were missing quite a few ladies through feeling unwell, being away & other things - so a smallish group to normal.

It was of course the meeting with the visit from Marie - to show us how to decorate small canvases.  Once again her enthusiasm for her craft got everybody feeling quite creative & a great evening was had by everyone.

Here are the photos of their work & like from the CSNW meeting the first few are of the ladies of Mold whilst they are working.







So there you are - now you all know what they look like.  Due to the way they were sat a couple of them appear twice.  Now for their canvases ..............


I love these shades of green & isn't it great how you can get depth to the work with the different shades.  Love the paper rose - made from a piece of paper from a book.  Yes! I got stick about that last night as usual - I just cannot allow myself to deface a book like that, & before you all start shouting at your computers - I do hear what everyone is saying - how it gives them another life.  But I just can't.


Another green canvas with a great dash of red - works really well.  Another paper flower (you can see the print on this one) - & the red edging really makes it pop.  Lovely.


Lovely shades of purple - I did ask what the name was of the Distress Ink - but in true fashion for my age - I can't remember what I was told.  That focal bird is really nice - love the flowers on it - in fact it was a really lovely set that was being used.


Lovely bright colours.  During the course of the evening Marie told us these little canvases were great for using up those odds & ends of stamping that we hang onto.  Janet who made this one had some oddments of decorated acetate in her box so she stamped these little embellishments on it to use it up. I think they are handbags.  (The light shining on them doesn't help to see them clearly).


Love these delicate flourishes with the impact of the colourful butterfly & the sparkle of the gems.  this is the nice thing about these canvases - they look great whether simply & delicately decorated or done with loads of impact.


Lot of impact here & I know that Glenys won't mind me saying that the butterfly is covering a little error which she was quite worried about.  She had tried  it on paper to glue over the top but it wasn't big enough - so in my infinite wisdom, I persuaded her to leave it.  Now that I look at the photo the item under the butterfly actually gives it quite an effective shadow.


This canvas by Lynne is still work in progress.  Lynne loves her ink work & at the end of the evening all her fingers were the colour of that butterfly because she had coloured some ribbon with the ink.  The ribbon was still too wet to put on the canvas at that time.


Ah! now you know where I got my stamp for the challenge.  Thank you for the loan Joanna. Isn't it a great image & I like the way this has been layered.  Of course the things that really set these canvases off are the metal findings.  Love those corners - they are not stuck down at this stage & I managed to nudge them whilst taking the photo.  They will be straighter when they are fixed.


Isn't this one great?  Rhiannon made this into a little hanging decoration - you can just make out the "Merry Christmas" on the ribbon.  I love all the different styles & ideas.

There we are - another evening of great work.  Your turn on Tuesday Mold II, & I suppose I had better do another one.

That's me for today - unless I do something I need to tell you about - more tomorrow.  

I hope you have a great weekend planned & perhaps this sun that is shining right now - may continue to shine over the weekend.


Comments

  1. The canvases look great - I never get to see the work of others (apart from those on either side of me!) so I love to see them here on the blog. It's great the way they're all so different, and all lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post