A nice day out

Hello everyone

Well, I had a very nice day out with Gareth.  Our destination after all was to visit Powis Castle in Welshpool.

We had a very pleasant drive there & the scenery was beautiful with all the lovely autumnal colours, & this continued within the grounds of the castle through which we drove to reach the car park. When we first arrived I took a stroll down the length of the car park in order to take some photos of the lovely trees & to try & get a photo of the deer that were wandering around.  The trees I am sure will have come out OK I am not sure about the deer as I couldn't get as close as I wanted.

Only part of the castle was open as they are currently revamping the main bedroom & also are decorating many of the rooms with Christmas Trees, decorations & dressed models (especially in the dining hall).  So due to the timing of our visit we decided to have a drink & a light bite before walking around the castle & part of the grounds. 

I hadn't realised it's link to Clive of India until I gave it a quick look on the Internet.  Some of the artifacts that he brought back from India were quite amazing.  I was a little disappointed that cameras were not allowed inside even though I understood why.  Also we didn't go back to the shop so I didn't get any postcards.  But I took lots of photos outside - which I plan to turn into a scrapbook page tomorrow. 

Mind you - I say tomorrow - but I am on a workshop all day, so it is more likely to be Sunday.  When I have loaded the photos on to my computer tomorrow I will pop a couple here.  I have looked at the results of what I took, still on the camera, & the tree colours seem to have come out well.

As always have a lovely weekend whatever you have chosen to do.

More tomorrow.  Night night for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko