just chatting

Ooh, what a fascinating day I have had.

Nadine & I went over to a special dress shop in Tarvin to start looking at outfits - I don't think the lady would like her business to be described as a dress shop - because it was speciality design outfits.

I explained that I was just starting to look - I had to get this across so that I didn't find myself trying to work out how not to buy something.  She was great!  She told us all about all the different designers that she stocked - how some of her things were custom made.  She showed us a book that a French designer made for her - so I had to ask the all important question - a broad idea of cost???   So, after Nadine picked me up off the floor - well not literally of course - I thought from my reaction she would cool down a bit & find a way to rid herself of this customer.  But no!  She found a long skirt for me try on for shape more than size & colour, then topped it with a bustier top, then topped that with a small bolero.  Nothing matched it was to get me to see how different shapes worked together & how my idea of what was the shape for me could be wrong.  We where there for about 2 hours.  She advised me to have a good look around & try clothes that were completely different to the styles she sold so that I could really make an informed decision.  She even gave us an idea of who else to visit.  I think she had worked out that some of her prices (unless I found something in her sale) were a bit more than I wanted to pay - but she continued to advise which I thought was great.

So we left & just decided to have a look over at Cheshire Oaks, pop in & have a nose at the new M&S & over coffee decided where we would visit next week.  Something else the lady confirmed to me was that I was not looking too early.  She explained that some shops would have reductions now & it was possible to get a really good bargain - she was starting her sale soon where some of her stock would be reduced by as much as 50%.  After January shops would have all their new season stock in & there would not be so much of a chance of a bargain.

After Cheshire Oaks we made our way home stopping off at Purple Butterfly Crafts down the road to see if they had any rocker blocks.  They did - so tomorrow I find out if I get on any better with those than the standard acrylic block.

As I said yesterday because of my hand I really only managed to stamp a few images - these are the ones I stamped.


This Santa has been stamped in Versamark & embossed in gold EP.  I stamped him 5 times.


This lady was also stamped in Versamark & embossed in gold, then I coloured it with my water colour pencils & water brush.


This is a set of 4 butterflies from Crafty Individuals, as is the lady above, & this time I stamped in archival black & coloured with water colour pencils.  The photograph has not come out at all well as the butterflies look like they have very little colour & the backgrounds are rather bright.  In fact the butterfly colours are quite bright.  So I will have to see what they look like when I have decided how to use them

I hope to sort them out tomorrow, & to prepare some more toppers for some more cards.  This time I had better work on Christmas as it is rushing towards us & I am behind.

Hope you have had an interesting day too.

Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post