My cards

Well! Bob & I had a little running around to do today - but I did manage to get a couple of hours in up in my craft room.

I started by trying out my new rocker blocks - at the moment I am not completely convinced they have made life any easier but we will see.  Then I packed my carft bag ready for the workshop I am attending on Saturday.

I decided before doing any more new stamping I had to make something of the images that I stamped yesterday or the day before.


I tried to lighten this photo so that you could see the gold embossing but it hasn't worked.  The image was stamped in gold EP as was the sentiment.  The image was cut out with deckle edge scissors & mounted on gold card.  I also re-used the technique of embossing a frame around  the image that I had used the other day.  I think quite a few of my cards for Christmas will have that embossing feature.  It doesn't show up that well in the photo.


Here is the lady image that I showed yesterday I have also cut her out with deckle-edged scissors & mounted her on gold card.  When I placed it on the card to see how I would use it the only place it seemed to be able to go was fairly central.  I then had the idea of putting the sentiment on a piece of card & attaching it underneath the side of the main image,  I had used this once before for a challenge card which had been quite well received.

I made 5 of the Santa cards & as that is the number of cards I need to make for Bob & I to give to his work colleagues, so that is the one they will receive.  That is another set done -but still lots to go.

As a non card image here is a photo I took from my kitchen window Tuesday afternoon


Isn't a rainbow a wonderful thing.  The black line across the centre of the photo is our telephone wire. Then there is this too

This is my wonderful cactus - bless it  - it doesn't know whether it is a Christmas or an Easter cactus as it flowers at both times of the year.  You can see that the leaves are not particularly healthy green & I guess there are those people who would throw it out.  But, as I said, twice a year it flowers like this.  What's more I have 2 of them the other one is a little slower but is already well in flower.  The flowers are a little pinker than shows in the photo.  The photo seems to have turned them a sightly lilac shade.  It really is beautiful to see in the flesh - I just had to share it with you.

Tomorrow I am off on a day out with Gareth.  We haven't fully decided where we will be going but 2 ideas are Erddig or Powys Castle.  My camera is packed ready - will tell you all about it tomorrow.

'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post