My day at a workshop

Hi everyone

Well I had a very interesting workshop today - it was run by the retailer Indigo Blu - & Kate who is the main person introduced us to Pan Pastels, Flitter glue, & gilding flakes. 

Now I have used the flakes in the past but not for a long time - but combined with her flitter glue (gosh have I remembered that name right - if not I will correct it tomorrow) - the gilding flakes are even better.

Also using this glue with the Pan Pastels produces some great results - & in all honesty I preferred the way it worked with the stamps & pan pastels.  As you know I am not a great fan of glitter (although gilding flakes are a bit different), but providing it is not over the top I like this method.

If you haven''t discovered Pan Pastels yet they are rather like large eyeshadow blocks - a very fine powder.  On a really nice smooth card they look great & blend well by using a very smooth sponge applicator.

Kate's idea today was not so much to produce several projects but rather to try different techniques & they did seem to be based around her flitter glue, pan pastels & gilding flakes.

Tomorrow I will take photos of the 2 pieces I produced which I hope will show what I have been talking about.  So it looks like tomorrow's post could contain lots of photos - therefore I may write more than one post.

I also discovered a different style of acrylic block - wafer thin.  I took my rocker blocks with me but didn't use them.  We were given the thin acrylic blocks to use - I was won over so had to buy a set. Well! 2 actually to cover all shapes & sizes & each time I stamped it came out perfect.  I also have to say I did not use my stamping mat either.  No stress or strain on my wrist & thimb - time will tell.

Hope you had a good day - more tomorrow.

Night night - sleep well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko