Photos from Powis Castle

Here I am ctching up with some photos for you.

First some of those I took on Friday whilst out with Gareth at Powis Castle.

 
This was one of the trees at the side of the car park.  As I walked down to get closer to it there was a slight breeze & lots of leaves floated down to the road.  They actually made a crispy crackle sound as they fell.

 
This one was right at the bottom of the car park & I had hoped to catch sight of the deer just behind it.  But they moved away when that little red car came along.

 
This cluster of trees & shrubs are in the castle grounds.  They are part of a beautiful terraced area & had quite a variety of colour in them.

 
This is the front entrance to the castle & that balustrade you see on the right is where I stood to take the previous photo.

 
There was a family of peacocks wandering around & this youngster was already so used to visitors that it walked right up to me - as if to have its photo taken.  He actually stood still whilst I took it.

 
This arbour that the wooden seat is in is actually a yew tree that has been grown in such a way that the centre creates a hollow. There were several of them along the walk.
 
This afternoon I created a digital scrapbook page of the visit - using just the trees so that I could enter a blog challenge that was themed "Trees & Leeaves".  If you would like to see what I have done then pop over to my personal blog - but not just yet as I haven't written that post yet. I am doing it next.
 
I will be back here shortly with a photo of my workshop project.
 
'Bye for now.

Comments

  1. Lovely! Wish I'd seen that last photo a few weeks ago - one part of our Yew hedge died and we've just taken it out and planted a new one in its place - we could have made an arbour!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post