Some card making

This morning I felt a little creative so had a couple of hours playing in my craft room.  First it was a little search amongst the drawers with the stamps in to see what I fancied using.

The first thing I discovered was a set of stamps that were free on a magazine recently - or reasonably recently.  Amongst them was a cute little house stamp - the very thing I needed for a blog challenge (which I mentioned earlier today) - so that was the first card I made.

I then returned to the drawers of stamps to find something else - I decided on a couple of stamps from Crafty Individuals - which I had not used before even though I had had them a while.  In the end I made 4 cards with one stamp & put the other stamp to one side for making some more tomorrow.



I made 2 cards with lilac as the main colour & 2 with the yellow as the main colour.  As I was going to put them onto white cards I needed a layer.  After trimming the images I adhered them to another piece of white card leaving a narrow border all round, which I then coloured with a matching felt pen.  After playing with where I would position them on the card & making a decision I measured how much space there was at top & side of the image.  Then using the Hougie board I embossed a vertical & a horizontal line to create a frame around the image. The happy birthday stamp was on the same freebie set as the house from earlier.

This stamp is a very busy stamp & I think that is what initially put me off using it -but then I decided it didn't need a lot of colour & these are the results.  The other 2 cards are not identical to these 2 - but very similar.  I coloured them with my watercolour pencils using my trusty water brush.

I also pulled out some Christmas stamps which I am going to use tomorrow for some badly needed Christmas cards - I have fallen behind with these.

So that was my day - how was yours!

More tomorrow - bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko