A challenge card

This afternoon I tidied the magazines under my table beside my chair & found that the December issue of Craft Stamper still had its free stamp on it.  When I first saw it I knew I had to use it - but in my own fashion promptly forgot.  It was Chocolate Baroque & was a snowflake.

One of the challenge blogs I like to enter as much as possible is one called Less Is More & their new challenge this week is a colour theme - Red & Green. When I set you a colour challenge I always say that the colours quoted are the only ones to use.  With this blog other colours are allowed but of course as it's title implies these are clean & simple challenges.  So! I knew that this was the time to use the freebie stamp off the magazine.

Here is my card


The card is a 5x5 scalloped edge white square card & I have randomly stamped the snowflake around the edges of the card with Versamark Ink & then embossed them with Clear EP.
Next I stamped the image on a small piece of card in Fired Brick Distress Ink & because the ink was quite wet I managed also to emboss it with Clear EP.  I then layered it onto red card leaving a very narrow border & mounted it in the centre of the card on foam pads.  Finally I added the green Christmas ribbon - I don't think they mind the gold on the ribbon.


I was hoping this close up would show the clear embossing.


After photographing the card to put on the challenge blog I wondered if perhaps it would look better in this orientation.  What do you think?

Well! I had my hair done this morning as Bob & I are off out for his Company's Christmas get together meal.  Looking at my watch - as we have to go over near Crewe - it is just about time for me to be thinking of getting changed.

Hope you like the card - I still have more cards to make & I think this is another one to add to my repertoire for this year.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.  'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post