Ebosser playing

Finally - today I got around to playing with my new toy.

First thing this morning though I popped onto Google & sought out a few tutorials & comments, read the little manual - then got it out of the box.

I wanted to try the different folders & dies that I have to see if the instructions they give work & if they don't work to see what changes I needed to make.  For example I have some rather thin dies & it turns out the "sandwich" of boards they say to use don't quite work.  But let's have a look at my play .............


This is scalloped circle die which I cut & then embossed.  This side facing us is what I would call the right side of the due cut.  But then ...........


.......  I turned it over & looked at the "wrong side" & the embossing is deeper that side.  So could be very useful.


This is a mixture of small dies which I used on a thin black card (it wasn't far off paper).  The scalloped cut out is a rose that you have to wind around & glue to get the shape & there are 2 leaves beside it.  The leaves have veins which can be embossed on them but I didn't this time put it through the embossing round.  The 3 other embellishments are Spellbinder dies - they are a set of buckles & hinges & there are 3 more in the set.


This Christmas Tree die was to be the real test - it is a very thin silver die.  As you can see it didn't cut too well.  It seems the outer edges are OK but the centre hasn't made a deep enough cut.  Yet .......


.......... this is the reverse side & it looks like it has cut OK, but it hasn't.  I used the correct number & order of boards & added the shim they provided as per instructions.  It obviously needs a bit more.  I do have another shim that I bought for my Big Shot Machine - from Once Upon A Stamp - its a rubber mat - so I will have to give that a try later & see if it works then.


The Ebosser came with a free A4 embossing folder & this is what I used here.  The word "right" on the corner was to let me know that was the right side of the card.  I did that as it was a little tricky to tell from the design which was the emboss side & which was the deboss side


This is the design from the "wrong" side - it is still very effective.


This is the first time I have used this butterfly & it has come out perfectly.  I used some rainbow card as you can see.  Can't wait to use it properly now.


A recently bought embossing folder - not sure why it has pinched the bottom in the centre - will have to look into that.


& here is another new folder.  I love this one & it is just waiting for a stamped image isn't it?
Isn't it funny that depending on how you look at this it can look debossed in the photo.  But I can assure you I photographed it from the embossed side.

So that is my little play today.  I don't think I will have much chance for another play until after New Years Day, but will try & find out a bit more on the Internet as to how to get over those couple of problems.  Also I now have to find a place for the machine in my craft room - so that will take a couple of days I think!!!!!!!!!

In case I do not get back again before then - have a great New Years Eve & Day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post