some Christmas cards

I have managed to load the photos of recent cards I have been making - I don't think I have shown you these before - but if I have I am sorry - they cover the different ways I make my cards.

First the rubber stamping


I really enjoyed making these little cards.  After cutting the top corner off the front of each of them I trimmed the cut off piece to use as decoration on the front of the opposite colour - as you can see.  The lower & short side edges were glued to create a pocket.  The Santa face was stamped on white card & embossed with gold EP then trimmed & layered onto gold card & placed in the pocket.


This card was made originally for a challenge but I didn't like it as much as another one I had made.  I did however quite like the simple design & went on to make some more.  The position of the sentiment came about when I found I had left a larger gap between those 2 star burst stampings.


As I have so many cards to make I decided to keep several design really simple & they don't come more simple than this.  The snowflake is the freebie from Craft Stamper magazine - stamped in Versamark & embossed with gold EP.  Then trimmed & layered onto a gold square & placed to top left on the card.  The greeting I placed bottom right & it was stamped & embossed in gold EP.  Although simple I still have to take care cutting out the squares - I don't always get them straight.  I think I might have to invest in a larger square punch.

Then we move to my digital cards


This one was made using CaroLines digital Christmas Patchwork kit & is actually a mix of digital & hybrid.  I created the tree from her patchwork diamonds, copied it & pasted it to get several copies, then went back into each on deleting the bottom layer each time until I went from 5 diamonds to 1 diamond.  After printing, I cut them out, created a silver trunk then put the tree together sticking the layers with sticky pads to raise the levels.  The greeting was also created digitally, printed & cut out with deckle edge scissors & layered onto silver card.  A couple of flat back gems dotted around finished it.


This card is totally digital - I just printed the square & layered it onto the white scalloped card.  The software I have allows embossing & I have applied that to the flourish tree.  So although it is completely flat when you see it it looks like you can lift the tree off.  Very clever - the software that is.


and another digital card - I love this sleigh & it too has been "embossed".  Drop shadows also help to give the illusion that it is raised off the surface of the card.

The next couple of cards are kit cards & I have created a very minimal design. I am sure like me you all have people you send to - who sadly would not appreciate a handmade card.  Using a few of these kit cards - I satisfy my own need to make them.  Does that make sense?



 So there you have it.

Now I just have family to make & I am done.

Hasn't it been cold today - but nature did it again because you forget the cold when you go outside & see how everything looks.  The trees & bushes near me look like they had been cut out of very fine lace - they were beautiful.  There were different depths of whiteness too.

'Bye for now - more tomorrow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko