a couple more cards

Well this morning I had to take my car down to the service people to have the latest problem put right.  Is that the end of it now?  I really hope so.

First thing, back home, I returned to a wedding job that had been put to one side for a while - my pillow boxes.  I am making one for every person attending the wedding.  I suppose they are our equivalent of wedding favours & will contain a chocolate or possibly two.  Today I got another batch marked out & cut out.  The next stage - tomorrow or Thursday will be to emboss them to match the wedding stationery.

After getting more of that done I had some lunch then got down to the matter of making some more cards.  I think I spent a bit longer today than yesterday just deciding what to use.

Here is what I made;

I used a technique similar to yesterday - in fact, I guess identical.  I stamped the butterfly on some card in Versamark & embossed in Clear EP. Then I coloured with a pigment ink in a lilac shade. I then stamped the butterfly twice with the same pigment ink & embossed with clear EP.  The base butterfly I punched out with a circle punch then the second butterfly I cut out close to the design & layered onto the first.

After some thought & just gazing at the pieces I decided to layer them on to black card.  I had one problem I do not have a circle punch - plain or scalloped - just a bit bigger than the one I used.  But I do have this oval scalloped punch - so I decided to give it a try.


With this card I followed the same basic idea but used a different butterfly.  I added a flat back gem for the butterfly's head. After a bit of thought I also added them to the 3 butterflies on the decorative panel.

Now! what will I be doing tomorrow?  I want to try & make 2 or 3 each day.  If the weather is good tomorrow I will be picking Nadine up as I need her advice on something to do with my outfit.  I also hope to marzipan the cake.

But of course - more importantly it is the first 2013 meeting for the CSNW ladies - snow (or no snow) allowing.

Ah ha - just had a thought - how thick am I - I could have used one of my die cuts to cut around the butterflies.  Some times I wonder where my head is.  I have things that I forget to use.  Put it down to age!!

More tomorrow.  'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post