A pair of birthday cards

Well, here we are in February & a family birthday has suddenly crept up on me.  Can you creep suddenly?

My step-daughter who lives in the States has a birthday on the 12th & I was in danger of missing the date - my head is still in January. So today I sat at my craft desk & got to work.  Hopefully tomnorrows post will still get the card there on time.


This card is the one I made for her dad to send to her.  The stamps are from a freebie set last year with the Creative Stamping magazine.  I edged both of the papers with a dark purple ink & the frame is on raised sticky pads, as is the ladies head & Daughter topper.


This is the card I have made for me to send to her & I seem to have been in a purple frame of mind today.  I used a new embossing folder to decorate the piece of card for the front of the card.  I think I might have had too much pressure as most of the central oval actually came away.  So I carefully removed it in total & placed it on double sided sticky pads to raise it above the aperture.  I edged the background piece & the oval cutout with purple ink to make them stand out.

Very pleased with these & I hope that she will be too.

Thank you for stopping at my little blog space I hope you enjoyed your visit & that you may be able to find time to leave a comment?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post