A question!

But before I ask the question I thought I would tell you that the latest posting that I did yesterday was our 1000th post on this blog.  It soon mounts up doesn't it.

Now - the question.  A couple of weeks ago I had an email from a club member thanking me for her birthday card but letting me know (because she thought I would want to know) that the insert had become unstuck from inside the card.  So the question is - have any of you had this problem with a card from me.  I really would like you tell me if you have - just email me - or place a comment in this post.  If it is happening quite a bit I will need to change the way I do it.  Currently I use double-sided sticky tape.

The reason I am asking you now rather than a couple of weeks ago - I had intended to ask when writing a post, but kept forgetting to include it.  Now the problem has increased.

Yesterday I showed you a photo of the lovely pillow boxes I have made for my wedding reception.  Last night I noticed one of them on the top had come unstuck so made a note to re-stick it this morning.  When I sat down to do it - ALL but 3 of the boxes had popped open like mussels in a pan.  So as I sat sticking them all down again the 3 that hadn't come unstuck were sat on the table - but then with the sun shining on them - they too popped open.

All are safely re-stuck (I hope - fingers crossed), I used pva glue & I have moved them out of the sunlight.  If it is down to the tape I will have to stop using it - I bought several reels from a very reputable company - so I am a little mystified.

Perhaps you would like to email me, or place a comment at the bottom of this post - with the method you use for sticking your inserts in your cards.

I will in the meantime keep my fingers crossed (again!) that not too many of you have received dodgy inserts from me - please be honest if you have - I need to know so that I can stop it from happening again.

Have a great day in this lovely sunshine.  I will be back later with more photos from Mold II club night.

Comments

  1. Hi Gloria
    To stick boxes I use Stix 2 hi tack tape which is the red liner one.
    It sticks so well just don't put it in the wrong place.
    Hope this helps
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not had any inserts unstuck in the cards from you. I use dsst and apply some prit stick to make it slippy and give it some movement.Dot

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko