Mold photos - part 2

So here I am back again this time with the photos from the evening's project which was "A Dabble with Encaustic Wax"

I hope all the ladies agree with me but I think it was one of the best & fun evenings we have had.  The reason possibly being due to the fact that there were 2 or 3 "stations" at which everyone could have a play, so ladies were walking around the room & interacting.

Including myself 4 ladies present had worked with encaustic wax before & therefore there was more than one demonstrator.  I have to say ladies, considering this was the first time for many - the samples should really impress you - they are brilliant.

I hope that I am showing the samples the way round they were intended to be - I have used any grass style strokes to ascertain up from down.  Here are the photos - more comments at the end - this time I am going to let the photos speak for themselves.




























For those of you who don't know what this craft is or how it is used - a brief description is - you melt some coloured beeswax blocks on a small flat base iron, then swipe the iron across glossy card.  After that depending on how you use the iron you can create things like grasses, hills.  With the tip of the iron you can create those little v-shape birds in the sky.  The iron can be shuffled across the card to create a pattern - if you look back up through the photos you will see one where there is the shape of the front of the iron repeated across the card in blue.  The iron can be lifted quite quickly off the card creating the texture that you can see on the edge of the CD above. 

Last thing to mention, which you will see on some of the photos - you can stamp over the wax.  There is obviously lots more you can do - but this was a great play.

I hope you have some lovely things planned for the weekend & that those little flurries of snow a little earlier this afternoon do not amount to anything.  Have fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko