wedding diary - page 5

Hi everyone
I thought I would keep you up to date with what I have been up to today regarding the wedding preparations.  But first here are the bases of the roses that I made before


Don't look much do they?  But hopefully they are the base of some lovely roses.

After spending a little time designing how I wanted the wedding cake to look I thought I would put some flowers around the bottom of the cake near to the board.

Some time back in last year I caught a programme on C&C on cake decoration & the lady was promoting some moulds & cutters for producing different flowers.  I didn't think too much about it at the time - I thought they were good - but that was it.  When I bought the cake tin from Home Sense in Broughton Park they had a couple of these cutter/moulds & I thought they might actually be useful. So I bought a couple.

About a week ago I drew up the design I wanted for the cake as described above.  Low & behold this week those cutters/moulds have been on C&C again (different designs though).  Anyway this morning I thought I would try them out to see how well they worked.  Well! I am impressed.  What do you think?


Here they are sitting on a tray drying - & I probably need that many again (twice)


& here is a close up - aren't they great?

The cutter cuts the basic 5-petal shape.  The mould has 2 parts.  You place the sugar past on one part & then fold the other half over & press which gives the detail.  As they say ................. Simples.

All I have to do now is cover the cake - dust these - add a bit of colour if I decide to - add to cake - job done.

Simples!!!!! ???????

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post