wedding diary - page 6

Hi everyone
Just enjoying a cup of tea after taking my sugar roses to the next stage.  It's a job I cannot do sitting down - so after a while my back starts to ache.  Hence the sit down & cup of tea.

Today I added another layer to the cones that make the centre of the roses.  I have 2 photos for you - the first one is all the roses stuck in the oasis & the second one is a close up of one of them.


No matter how careful I am at this stage I can never get 2 the same - anywhere near the same.
But then nature doesn't make them the same so why do I worry about it.


Here is a close up of one of them.  They will have varying number of layers added to them.  About 4 will have one more layer, then the rest will have 2 or 3 more layers.  At the moment they are a very pale ivory & will be dusted to take them a shade darker.

My next task is to make the leaves - they are the part of flowers I always have the most trouble with as they need to be thin in order to shape fairly realistically but then because they are wired they need to have a slightly thicker centre.  Probably will have a play with those tomorrow.

Right that is me for today - I am off to Mold II club tonight so as I said yesterday will have photos for you tomorrow (Wednesday).

Have a lovely day.



Comments

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post