Hi again

Firstly I am sorry I did not write a post last night - but hey - they are just like buses - first there are none then 2 come along together.  Te he.

I am afraid I was not in the right frame of mind to write last night.  On Tuesday as I drove home from Mold I had a repetition of my cars locking system problem.  It drove me mad - so by the time I got home I was at boiling point.  It was too late to ring the garage that had been working on it & thought they had cured it - so I couldn't do anything until yesterday morning.  So! consequently I basically seethed all evening.  Good job I was on my own.

But in a very lucid moment I grabbed my laptop & "googled" the problem. Within minutes I had loads of info on what the problem was likely to be & how to cure it.  So yesterday I phoned the service people, had a good old moan, told them I wanted it sorted & did not expect a big bill.  (This in reality means I do not expect any bill - as it would appear they changed something that hadn't needed changing - but we will see).

So I dropped the car off this morning & they have given me a courtesy car.  A very nice Vauxhall Astra which is one of my favourite cars. I owned one for a years before some joy riders in Mold nicked it.  I have already had a phone call the service group to say they have pinpointed the problem, have ordered the new part & I should get my car back tomorrow.  No mention of any costs.  Tomorrow could be interesting.

Enough, enough!

Let's talk of nicer things.  I had a really nice lunch yesterday with my friend, we went to the Red Lion in Northop.  They do a meal for two at 2 prices - either £10 or £14.  Should you want to turn that into a 3-course meal it is an extra £3-50.  It was excellent - will definitely be going back again.  Afterwards I visited Nadine where we had a think about my shoes.  I took the decision to dye them - after all - they have been in the cupboard for about 10 years (good thing they are still fashionable, or at least they are for me).  After they were done they looked just perfect.  Although this morning when I looked again as they are now completely dry they are not as dark as they could be - so I might try another coating.  I need to see them in good daylight against my outfit.

Ooh yes another piece of news!  As you know I regularly enter a challenge for CD crafting.  Well! I have been invited on as a Guest Designer for May - it is quite exciting.  I have been given 3 of the 4 themes so will have to working on them straightaway as the first one will be due the first Sunday in May.  I have more or less sorted that one - so need to have a think about the other 2 & hope they don;t take too long with the 4th one.  Well! instead of sitting here talking about it I had better pull my finger out & start thinking about it.

Hope your day is problem free.  More tomorrow.

'Bye for now.

ps -I  had to "google" something whilst I thought of it, just before publishing this page, & found this quote - which I think I will keep in mind.


“For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” 
 Ralph Waldo Emerson



 


sixty s of  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko