just chatting again

Good morning ladies

I am afraid I was so tired after my trip to Boundary Mill yesterday that in the evening in front of the tv - I nodded off.

We had a really leisurely day there & had a fish & chip meal at the nearby restaurant in the early evening - so we didn't get home until about 8 pm. But I am bot good at walking around sops all day - as well as driving - hence the tiredness.  My neighbour had more success than me with shopping - but I did get a rather nice top that was a drapey jacket over an inset camisole.  By inset I mean they were stitched together - one garment not 2.

Tonight it is the March meeting for CSNW - so I may have some photos for you later in the evening.

At the weekend I took a few moments out & entered a CD based card challenge & I was so pleased with how it turned out that I thought I might show it to you here.



You can just about see in this photo that the front has a box frame set on it.  The main butterfly I printed 3 times, then adhered one flat on the background with the second one raised on sticky pads.  The third one I cut away the 2 back wings & placed the others on sticky pads & shaped it creating more dimension.

Then I used the glue pen to put some thin lines on the wings & sprinkled some glitter.  I had thought of putting an acetate front to the frame but changed my mind.  The frame & background paper were smaller than the card - I didn't like the white edge so found a Promarker that was almost the same shade & coloured the edges of the card before putting the background paper on it.

Now all I need to do is replicate the idea with stamping.  Another thing to go on my "to do" list.

Back later after thre CSNW meeting.  'Bye for now.

Comments

  1. Pretty card Gloria, I like the colours. Glad you had fun at Boundary Mills but do take it easy and rest a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko