wedding diary 10

Hi
Another peek into the preparations for my big day.

As I had planned I managed to get the cake covered today & it went well & covered first time.  In the past I have covered cakes & had to take the fondant icing off, re-roll it & try again.  But today, thank goodness, it worked first time.  I have added the base design to it & it has the ribbon around the bottom where it meets the board.  But - I am not going to show you the photo of that - as the cake from now on stays secret.  Well - you have to have a bit of mystery at these times don't you?  Especially at my age.

But I thought I would show you a photo of the roses now they have been dusted with the pearlised ivory dust.


This photo shows 3 of them dusted & one not dusted - the one at the back.  
Perhaps not as clear as it could be  ...

....   & here are 2 photos - the one on the left is not dusted & the one on the right is dusted.
I tried to place them closer together but Blogger won't let me. But I think they are close enough for you to see the difference.

Kneading all that fondant to cover the cake took a toll on my hand & wrist, but I got there & as I said managed to cover it first attempt.  When the fondant has dried a bit more in a couple of days I shall put the ribbon around the edges of the cake board.  With regard to icing I now have left to cover a larger board that the fruit cake & its board will sort of sit on & the two boards for the Victoria sponges that Nadine is making for me.

Then my next test is the ribbon for the Victoria sponges.  It is a quite wide cream ribbon which I will put grease-proof paper behind so that it doesn't get any grease type marks from the cake on it.  But I am hoping to trim the ribbon along its edges with some cream/gold really narrow ribbon that I have.  My mind now needs to think about what adhesive I will use to do that with.  So, basically - cakes sorted!

Also today I did give time & thought to the Stamp Clubs & re-wrote the instructions for the tea-light gift card.  I also drew a new template & created some basic stages to help talk you through the process of making the card.  I really hope you all like this project.

Plus of course early this evening I went & moaned about the car.  The outcome of that visit is - I am going to keep a record for a week of when & how the locks do not work properly.  Of course - with Murphy's (or s..s) law it probably won't go wrong.  But at least I still haven't paid the last bill.

Tomorrow is my busy day of the month.  I try once every other week to have my hair done at the shop.  Tomorrow is that day - this week.  So in the morning I am having my hair done - a shampoo & set.  Then it is my regular monthly lunch.  After which I get a couple of hours at home "to relax!" - then it is off to Mold club meeting,  All that on the day that is 5 weeks from W-day!   I am hoping to go & browse some clothes for the holiday,  on Friday - just me - just time & space for me.

Look forward to seeing the Mold ladies tomorrow night - then on Friday will have photos for you from the meeting.

Almost time for bed - sleep well.  Night night.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko