wedding diary 9

Hi again

I hope you all had a good weekend & got lots of lovely things done.

Tonight I have my Happy Stampers club night so have put the few things ready that I need for that - I think we are doing something with colour.

During the day I have been working on the flowers for my cake.  I think I have enough now & all but the last 4 are now dusted with colouring as are the few leaves that I will be using.  When I make roses I always add the calyx as if for no other reason it tidies the back of the rose.  When I went to do that today - couldn't find my calyx cutter.  I did sell off a lot of my cake decorating things a while back as I figured I wouldn't be making any more wedding cakes.  How wrong can I be!  One for Nadine & Russ 3 years ago, one for my god-daughter last year & now one for me!  They say necessity is the mother of invention - so I look through the cutters I have retained & found a smallish blossom cutter that was just the right size.  By the time I had thinned the sugar paste with the ball tool & pulled the petals out a bit they were fine.

My shoes have had a third coat of dye & I think that will probably be just about right.  Tomorrow Bob & I are visiting the hotel to finalise some of the arrangements -so things are coming to their closing stages.

Five weeks on Thursday!!!!

Have a nice evening.  Another thing I am doing tomorrow is meeting up with Sue for a coffee & a natter which will be good.  'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post