csnw photos - part 2

Hello again.
Now for the photos from the project for the evening - well actually there were 2 projects, but I will post them separately.

The first one is for a background technique I found on the internet quite a while back - here is a card I made using it.


It's the diamond shaped pattern on the layer under the focal image layer.
At the meeting I was trying to remember what it was called & knew it has something to do with pillows.
It was called "pillow top background"
This design was worked with a pale blue ink on white card - there is no blue card involved.  Once the main shape of the design is fixed - whiteness can be taken away by gently sponging with the same colour over the design created.

At my demonstration of how to do this - I didn't get a very good result but the ladies could see what had to be done & went back to try their hand at it.  I then sat a bit longer & managed to sort myself out to produce a better worked example.

This & the other project idea were not the ones planned for the evening - I had to change it - so considering most of the ladies had brought the items for the planned project I think they did a grand job, & as always some of the images are work in progress.


The effect is clear in this sample & the shading can be irregular in its depth & different effects will be achieved.


The sponging here is a little lighter (thinner perhaps) but it still creates an interesting background.


This one isn't quite right in comparison to the idea set - I think the sponging might not have been done at the right angle.  
But it isn't wrong - it is just a different effect.


This one has captured it well. 
Now that I look at the image in a photo it looks like the paper has been folded & creased in those diagonal lines then some colour added.  But it is all down to the inking.


Another good finish - it seems to create an optical illusion doesn't it? It looks like you could dip your fingers into the little squares. n But everything is flat.


& this one too.  I like the effect of the wider spaced lines - very nice.


Wow! that looks like quilting. You almost what to touch it & feel it all soft.  Reminds me of an eiderdown I used to have on my bed as a child.


A nice soft effect & at the bottom there is a little more shading which builds the image even more.


Again - perhaps the shading a little thin - but you can see the better effect at the edges.
I would use that piece as it is with a focal point over the centre where the design is thinner & the 2 would compliment each other & look really good.


I don't think this one was finished as the opposite diagonal line does not go all the way across.  But does it matter?  Because, again what a great effect - I like it.l


Another one you feel you could push your fingers into.

Well done ladies.

Back in a moment with the second project we did.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko