csnw photos - part 3

Back again - this time for the second project of the evening, in which I shared an idea that the Mold club had been shown by Joanna. Again the ladies were not necessarily prepared with the right items for this - but once again they came up trumps.

The idea was to randomly stamp 1 or 2 images across a piece of card leaving spaces.  When the image are stamped vertical & horizontal lines are drawn on the card.  The lines do not cut across any of the images - the line is drawn up to the image then stops & continues the other side of the image.  This will make sense when you look at the samples of work. The images are then coloured in - if required, also colour can be added to some of the squares & faux stitching around the edges or part of the squares.  Have a look at the photos & you will see what I mean.


Instead of colouring individual squares the whole of the background has been coloured on this one & faux stitching has been included


Here some of the squares have been coloured & there is some faux stitching. Very nice.


A work in progress & again the whole of the background coloured.


Another work in progress - hope we see it when it is finished. Very delicate.


Sponging across all the background on this one - some faux stitching or other marks would finish this one off nicely


A very delicate design - if it was mine I don't think I would colour those flower sprays.  Very nice.


Oh he is rather cute isn't he & works well in this design.


Another one where all the elements of the design have been tried.
Will work well with the flowers left as are - or coloured.


There is something about this monochrome piece - it really doesn't need colour.
Some faux stitching & that would set it off a treat.


Another work in progress - would be nice to see again when some squares have been coloured.

I mentioned at the start of showing this technique that it was useful for creating cards that you need to keep fairly flat because of postage.  What I forgot to say was that of course some of these images - like the rose cluster in the one above could be stamped again & decoupaged without causing too much thickness & of course adding another dimension

There you are ladies - that was the CSNW evening.

Ooh before I forget - a message for the CSNW ladies - I forgot to say what the Show & Tell would be & I was reminded just as everyone was leaving.  So thinking on my feet I said - "seeing as I am moving house - your Show & Tell card will have a house theme"

That's me I am off to bed.  Sleep well.  Night night.
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko