mold photos - part 2

Hi, I am back again with the next set of photos, this time for the project of the evening.

For that evening I had decided to take the group out of their comfort zone (possibly) & try something really different.  The project was to decorate an Art Doll. Not sure what that is?  Well it can take different forms but the one I chose for them looked like this


I found this on the Internet some time ago.  It's a strange shape & comes with an alternative mermaid style tail & a pair of wings as you will see.  I gave the ladies a printed image (outline) which they then decorated & cut out.  I also gave them a sheet of face patterns to help out & she did not have any hair.

Here are those made by the group


It looks like this one has a party skirt ready to wear.


I seem to have forgotten to flip this one upright & I cannot do it in blogger, so we will leave her to rest.  I think the extra pieces are meant to be wings - they are in a rather unusual place.  Or perhaps they are water wings seeing as she is a mermaid.


Another mermaid - very colourful & I love her cheerful face & her hairdo.


Mermaids seem to have been popular with this one looking rather serious.  Very pretty design,.


Very delicate design, with wings this time & she has been given a hat


That's a very saucy look with that hat.  Great fun.


Another hatted image - this time a crown.  Those little flower stamps are just right for this. 


Now this is rather exotic isn't it?  Love the beads around her waist & her stylised hair-do.  That fan image is just great for the design,.


Now an eastern image - very Bollywood.  Love her hair jewel.


Now a Steampunk image - just perfect for these sort of way out images.  The wings look really feathery & love the hair - or is it a hat?


A mermaid with a cone hat & a shaped bodice.  Brilliant.


Now something a little different on this one.  Lynne who did this actually cut the image as an aperture, out of a thin sheet of paper to make a mask & then decorated through the aperture.  

I think the ladies enjoyed doing this - some said they found it quite therapeutic & definitely fun.

So keep an eye on your programmes Mold II & CSNW - these are coming your way some time.  

Tomorrow I am meeting Karen, Liz & Caroline for one of our festival discussions.  Then in the evening it is the June meeting for Mold II.  So hopefully on Wednesday there should be some more club photos to show you.  Both Wednesday & Thursday mornings I have workshops at the craft shop.  So quite a busy couple of days.

A little earlier this evening I picked up my birthday present - but I cannot show you or tell you about it tonight as I really shouldn't have had it until tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko