just chatting

Hi everyone
After my workshop this morning I decided to have a slightly quieter afternoon.

I didn't feel like unpacking any boxes although I knew I should.  Anyway - I lifted a couple of things off the top of one box & found homes for them - they turned out to be family history items. Then I found inside a family history notebook an envelope.  I had discovered it just before moving but didn't have time to look at it much.  It turned out to be the birth certificate for an elderly uncle. he was in fact my brothers uncle - but after he died I looked after my aunt & she lived with me until just before we moved here.  Sadly she passed away in the March as we moved here in the August.

I had when researching my brothers side of his family ( he is my half brother) started to look at this gentleman & his family - but had stopped at some time.  I knew him when I was a little girl & he used to take me out with him when he took his dog for a walk in the London park near where they lived - a beautiful lassie type dog called Rex.  Loved him to bits - that's the dog & the uncle actually

What made researching him interesting was it was obvious that for some of the family one of the family surnames was used as a Christian name.  Parkinson.  Now! as I type this I have realised that they came from Yorkshire which is where Michael Parkinson came from .................. I wonder!!!!

Anyway I got caught up in that research & didn't do anything else.  But it made a nice change & has given me the family history bug again.  How will I fit it all in - family history, sorting the craft room, the garden, workshops, rubber stamping & clubs.  Well! at least I won't get bored.

Hope you are not getting bored. More tomorrow - I am now off to bed.  Sleep well - night night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post