just chatting

Hi everyone
Well! for me it's been another day of trying to sort some more boxes.

I now have more floor space & the boxes are beginning to disappear, even though some of them are under my desks.  At least - at one end of the room.  I have found quite a few goodies that I had been intending to be raffle prizes at the club - but had put them in safe places where they were never to be seen again.  But never has started to dwindle now as I am beginning to uncover them.

This afternoon as I emptied the contents of one box I found 3 Die'sire dies - 2 were the border ones which hopefully I can cut & roll into flowers.  Only time will tell & the other one was a multi frame with a matching corner & another little embellishment.  I must have decided to treat myself to these - but can't remember when.  Just before moving I think - might have even spent birthday money on them.

You may remember seeing photos of my two 10-drawer trolley units?  One of them held stamps & the other lots of other bits.  Today I have sorted "the other" trolley & changed the order of the trays in the hope I will better remember what is in what drawer.  I have over the years collected lots of stencils - not just the sort you put on a light box for embossing, but some for embroidery on paper design (prick & stitch).  Then at the time the craft shop at Daleside was called Models & Hobbies & I was taking all the workshops - when new stencils came in - for whatever effect they could & would produce - I got copies. Now some of those crafts have died away & I am left with the stencils.  I do rather fancy resurrecting embroidery on paper, I really do enjoy doing it - so for my own use some of these stencils will be really useful - but I won't be able to use them in workshops because they are not around anymore.

I knew that when I started unpacking I would find some lovely surprises - but hadn't estimated quite so many.  I do have some items that I will not be using anymore - so you may find a second-hand box arrive at the club one meeting soon.

Tomorrow Bob & I are off to Gnosall, a little village in Staffordshire where he grew up.  His parents are buried in the cemetery there & recently their headstone has started to tilt & drop.  Just before we moved he contacted someone to sort it out & also repaint the names - they have now done that so we are off over there to see how it looks.  Bob also has a brother living close by & we will be popping in to see him.

I like to try & show photos on the blog - it brightens it up - so as there aren't any craft photos here is one of one of the really lovely pansies in my garden.  Don't you just love those pretty faces.


The weather isn't looking so good for the weekend - but whatever you have decided to do I hope you have fun.

Night night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post