just chatting

Good evening all!

I have had a really nice day out with our daughter-in-law Nadine & during our wander from here to there have picked up some much needed items for the house.

In front of our kitchen sink was a piece of carpet left by the previous owners - but because it was cut roughly we kept getting fluff & threads on the floor.  So I needed to get a mat.  The other thing was that in our dining room dresser we had always kept our "special days" cutlery - but they were still in the boxes they had been purchased in ( not the lids - in fact they were inherited from my Mum). So when we packed up the old house we threw away the boxes & when we got here we didn't have a cutlery tray to put them in to keep them tidy.  After a good look round various places we stopped off at Costco - Nadine had never been there - so I took her just to show her what it was - but in the process found a mat for the kitchen & a cutlery tray for the dining room dresser.

The cutlery tray really was a bargain as they were extendable which meant they could be made to fit our drawer - & I say "they" because they came as a pack of 2 - but the second one was not designed for cutlery but for "whatever"!!!  So I now have a nice cutlery drawer & another drawer for "whatever" in my craft room particularly on my desk - it's great.  I will take a photo tomorrow of the second drawer & when I have worked out what will go in it will photograph that too.  If I can do what I have in mind I might go back for another set - because I think they will stack on top of each other which would be very useful & not use up too much space on the end of the desk.

I told you yesterday of some cards I had made from photos of flowers I had taken.  Because I have been out today I have not done anything more with those cards - but hope to over the weekend. Here is a photo of one of them to show you what I am talking about;


It's not that good a photo because I took it late at night.  The flower is Kinophia & I think it was one I photographed when visiting a stately home somewhere.  I used "My Craft Studio" to create a background paper which I made almost transparent.  Then layered the main photo onto complimentary card.  It is lacking a sentiment & some more embellishment - so watch this space.

This morning I had an email from another club member - this time a Mold club member with photos of her work - so when I have downloaded her photos I will put them here - probably tomorrow.  Keep them coming ladies - it is good to see.

Well the weekend is upon us once more - have a lovely time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko