just chatting

Hi everyone - I do hope you have all had a good weekend.

On Saturday Bob & I popped over to Cheshire Oaks to get some new plates & cereal bowls as many of ours had become chipped (& not being one to tell tales - he had broken a bowl in the week).  Did I really say that here?

We successfully found the replacement crockery & also found some fabric place mats we had been looking for.  I like to have my table mats placed on top of fabric mats - it helps protect the table-cloths a little longer & as well as that it looks nice.  I do like a table to look good when it is set for a nice meal - call me old fashioned if you will.

Also yesterday we visited the man who took our wedding photographs - we had ordered from him a group photo that was set in a frame where all the guests had signed the surrounding mat. It looks great - we also picked up the photo that had been in the frame on the day of our wedding.  I now need not only a frame to put that one in (which I think I have found) but somewhere to put it. We have decided not to have too many photos around the walls - so at the moment it looks like that one will go in the bedroom. So yesterday afternoon Bob put the wedding photo on the wall in the lounge along with one of Russ & Nadine's wedding & one of his daughter, sons & grand-daughter at another family wedding.  Quite a rogues gallery.  Talking of rogues gallery at our old house we used to have one of those up the stairs.  As we have no stairs here I am going to take them out of the frames & create an album showing each one of them through the years.  Another task to add to the ever growing list of "things to do"!  At least I haven't given it a time limit - like before I reach 75 - or 80 - or before 2018 (can't even think at the moment how old I would be then) But I will make it a priority.

As I sat down to write a post for tonight I thought about cards & photos I needed to show you & for a moment I thought I don't think I have shown you my birthday cards for this year.  But I viewed the blog & I have.  What I haven't shown you are the cards we received for our wedding. So over this coming week I will photograph them & then show them here.  I want to phooooooootograph them anyway as a more permanent record.  (TE HE - I must have kept my finger too long on the o of photograph in the last sentence - it looked so funny I decided to leave it in.
:) 
Of course I am assuming you want to see the wedding cards!

Well! that is me for today - I will try & start taking card photos tomorrow.  Talking of tomorrow I have 2 challenges to give thought to - a CD challenge & a clean & simple challenge for which I will use stamping. Also sadly I have a Sympathy card to make.

More tomorrow.  Night night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko