mold photos - part 2

Hello again

Right ! this time the photos for the project for the evening - which was the Art Doll.  Now, once again there hadn't been a lot of enthusiasm about it when I announced it - but I think the ladies enjoyed doing it.  I can't say that they would make more - but it is good to stretch yourself now & again.

Here are the photos; but first a basic one showing a rubber stamp that was found to suit the head of the doll absolutely brilliantly;


Do you remember this stamp?  I think it was from The Stamp Man & part of a set.


This doll looks like she is about to take off - I love her blonde curls.  The stamp used on her wings is very effective too.


This is the art doll that introduced the hair - very chic lady.  I love the strategically placed foliage & she is very chic isn't she.


All the clubs have now made this art doll & it has been interesting to see the different ways the bald head has been dealt with - here it is strands of wool for the hair.  Love her posh necklace.


A mermaid art doll with bakers twine for her hair


Another one with the posh hair do & the way this has been broken into coloured panels works so well


Art dolls traditionally are a bit "way out" - so here we have what at first glance looks like a bearded mermaid.  But actually Chris didn't like the mouth & tried to rub it out, & as these things do - it didn't go well.
I think a bearded mermaid is great!


Now this one has more to be done to it - the reason it is not finished?  It is the work of our resident artist - so all that design has been hand painted.  You can tell Liz knows what she is doing - just look at that face.

So there they are.  One of the things that this project did at the meetings was a) cause quite a giggle depending on what was being created & b) made for one of the most silent evenings we have had.

Watch this space - I will find an oddity for next year too.

That's me for tonight.  I am entering a card ( the first one I have made for a while) in a weekly challenge - so need to write the blog for it.  No stamping involved though.  If you want to take a look at it - give me a little while then pop over to my rubber stamping blog.

'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko