Frustration update

I thought I would pop back in & bring you uptodate with my earlier frustration.  But first a big thank you to Carolyn & Joanna who commented on that post with some ideas to help.  If you click at the bottom of the earlier post you will be able to read their messages.

Anyway - I did email Spellbinders - & I had a lovely email this evening from them, basically pointing me in the direcction of the stamps & suggested I contact JustRite.  That had been my intention but I hadn't got around to it.  So a short while ago I did just that & sent the email off.  As their website looked rather interesting I had a look around.  It definitely states that the stamps were designed to co-ordinate with the dies.

You know how something triggers off that little light in your brain? Well I decided to look at their gallery & specifically at the one using those stamps & dies.  So the outcome is - that the dies do cut out that central part of the design & leave you only with the 5 petals attached at the centre, & when they are layered up it doesn't matter.

The light in the brain?  Co-ordinate means - goes with - it doesn't mean does exactly.  So I can use them together & will still get good poinsettias.  I can use the dies - as I think I said in the last post with patterned card or I can use the stamp to create backgrounds & features - but not cut out the full stamped flowers.

Here is one of their samples, followed by a photo of the stamps which I think clearly shows you what I have been going on about.

Festive Poinsettia Clear Stamps

Festive Poinsettia Clear Stamps

So it's back to the drawing board for my Christmas card design.

Hope you have had a good day.  More tomorrow.  Night night

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post