just chatting

Good evening everyone

Did a bit of M & S Shopping today - bought myself some badly needed black trousers - I just cannot remember how long I have these that I regularly wear.  I left via the food hall & had a look round which meant I ended up buying one of their meal deals for 2.  You get a main course, side dish, a dessert & a bottle of wine for £10. At the checkout I had a bit of a fright as the end total came up as £18 - 96.  Oh dear I thought I haven't read something properly.  Anyway the very busy & harassed man came over & clicked all the buttons to say I was old enough to buy the wine & just as I was saying "Uhmm, I thought I was buying the meal deal" - he smiled & pointed at the screen & the discount had been applied.  Phew!

This afternoon I have made a card for Gareth's girlfriend Elayne (her birthday is on Tuesday) & also finished a card for our daughter-in-law Nadine's birthday - which isn't until November - but whilst in the mood.  Once their birthdays are over I will show you what I made - but I have to hold my hand up & say they are not stamped.  I know, I know - I should practice what I preach.

A few weeks ago I bought one of those little plastic style greenhouses (I may have already mentioned that fact) - one like this


Then the weekend before last an order for plantlets I had placed arrived - so I put them into those plant trays with about 40 pockets in them.

On Tuesday evening Bob & I were having our dinner, (our dining room overlooks the garden) & I said "you know I am sure that greenhouse is slightly skew" to how I had put it.  He agreed.  Then as we stared at it - it slowly & elegantly toppled over.  I think it was Tuesday - it was the evening that was quite windy.  So! I had to go out & pick it up & rescue the plantlets.  I think I lost 5 or 6 - so not too bad.  Bob is going to fix it with guy ropes to the fence to stop it happening again.  Oh what fun gardening is!!

Right I had better look into cooking this M & S dinner.

More tomorrow - have a good evening & I hope you have a great weekend as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko