CSNW photos

Good morning everyone & a much nicer day it would appear to be too.  Good to see blue skies & sunshine.

Last night's meeting of the CSNW club was a small group as several ladies were absent - but we had a good evening.  There aren't any Show & Tell photos this time as only one lady made a card & then found that she had done next months instead of this months.  I'm glad I am not the only persson who has confused moments like that.

So! once the business of the evening was over we set to on Zentangles.  I have to say ladies I was very impressed with the fact that many of you did some research on this & came armed with patterns & ideas.  Ruth told me that when she went home after I had told them they would be doing it & told her husband about it they decided to research it, & the outcome is that he has caught the bug.  Also on a recent break with their two granddaughters (I think Ruth said 8 yrs & 4 yrs) they sat together zentangling - I think that is just wonderful.

Here are the photos;


This is a stamp that has been zentangled - I like the way that a border was drawn around it which is also being zentangled. I think this is from a range of stamps either by Docrafts or Woodware.  It is the same set as I have the SNOW one that I have shown you in previous posts.


The name "HANNAH" was created by using individual open stamps (they look like the ones from Dimension 4th - now just called Dimension Stamps).  I have cropped the 2 images beneath it to show them individually.


Wow! Winnie certainly looks different like this - I wonder what A. A. Milne & Walt Disney would think.  Our daughter-in-law loves all things Winnie-the-Pooh.  I am impressed by the squiggle pattern on his head.  I can never get that to look random.


This one didn't come out very clear even before I cropped it from the main photo.
I think it might be Eeyore



A great pumpkin  image - it shows so well how straight or linear designs fit into round or curved spaces.  great image & love the patterns.


I actually saw this great image on Google when I was having a look around & thought how he would be perfect for Zentangling - Verena obviously thought so as well.
I love him - he is so cute. Look forward to seeing him finished.


Isn't this a beautiful image?  Looking at the photo this morning I tried to imagine it completed - then thought that actually it still looks interesting with only part of it done.  What do you think?


This is the first of 2 almost geometrical images & they are really good for this technique.


Here is the second one - I love the leaf style pattern (almost Rennie Mackintosh) & the grid pattern they don't need any "filling" in do they.


This has the look of a piece of work on a grand scale - I hope we get to see it when it is completed.
The next photo shows a close-up of that top left hand corner.


Here is the close-up of the complete image.  Absolutely stunning.


A small sampler of patterns.
Don't forget everyone that when you are looking at these on your blog page that if you click on the photos you get a larger view.


I must apologise for the bad exposure on this one - but thought I would still include it as a lot of work went into this.  I have used what tools are in my photo software but this is the best I can do to get it clearer.  Sorry to whoever did all that work - I can't quite remember who it was.


More sampler work - Oh dear! I am so thick sometimes.  This section & the one below are both from the dodgy photo above - I must have realised they weren't clear & taken them again.
I am going to leave the dodgy one there & not remove it to show my stupidity.
It was the little practice top right that caught my eye as I typed this bit - so when I looked back at the previous photo realised what I was looking at.  Duh!!!!!!!


This is the other half of that sampler.  I like the way some colour has been brought into the pattern top right.  It is one of the patterns I use quite a bit. Also the pattern bottom right - has another version in the photo above.


This one had just been started before it was time to pack up the evening.  I think using him is going to be fun & would like to see it when it is finished.

Whilst the ladies were creating all these wonderful things I did work on a small image too & got so much engrossed in it I nearly forgot to have a walk around & see what was happening & I definitely forgot about the raffle.  That's how absorbing this Zentangle is.  I will photograph mine when I have finished it.

Well done ladies - they are great.

Have a lovely day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko