just chatting







Good morning everyone - & what a lovely start to the day.

I am sorry I didn't blog last night - but I did run out of time.  After we had been & got our weekly shop we drove over to Gareth & Elayne to have a good look at their new home.  Elayne's mum - Pauline - was there as well & after our browse we all went out to lunch.  Most enjoyable it was too with a really good natter as usual.  After the lunch Pauline made her way home - she lives on Anglesey & Bob & I went back with Gareth & Elayne for a while & continued our good natter.

On our return home we did some TV watching which eventually led to the Festival of Remembrance at the Albert Hall.  We never miss that programme & a few years ago we were able to attend the festival in person - a really moving experience.  My brother & I were youngish when the TV started showing the festival & we always watched it with Mum & Dad - so watching it now brings back very personal memories - especially when the Royal Marine band play as my Dad was a Royal Marine Bandsman.  It was he who gave me my interest in all things musical & encouraged me to learn an instrument.  Watching the bandsmen always brings a lump to my throat.  The programme also has poignancy as since starting my family history research I have found out that several ancestors had died in both wars one of them only days before the end of WW1.

When the programme finished it was a little too late to sit here & blog - so that is why I have popped in this morning.  May be more later - who can tell.

Have a lovely day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko