My day at a workshop

Good afternoon everyone - I hope you are having a good weekend.

Right, I am here with the photos from the workshop I attended yesterday.  Some of the photos I took during the workshop as I wanted to record the gradual progress.  As there were 7 of us - plus the tutor - sitting around the table, along with all the bits & pieces for us to use it was a bit of a squeeze, & so those photos are a bit squashed as well as the canvas was directly in front of me.


This is the canvas with it's first pieces of embellishments on.  You all know I do not like tearing books up - so I was relieved when the tutor had some photocopied sheets of music available.


At this stage we have added images through stencils (or masks if you prefer) using flexible filler.
The sort of thing you use to fill cracks!
There were 2 size of rose, some honeycomb shapes & some ivy style foliage.


Now we have started adding die-cut embellishments.  There were these little flowers & as you will see later - a butterfly & a bird on a twig & a sun.


Now we have got to the early stages of adding colour with acrylic paint.
Sorry this photo is a bit blurry - but I did say it was difficult because of being so close to it.


Now for some close-ups - this is the main image or focal point & the die-cut sun.


This is the corner with the little bird. He needs an eye.


The corner with the die-cut flowers.


The corner with the butterfly & some rather sticky net - I believe it is something plumbers use.


The finished canvas.
I don't particularly like the roses - although they don't look too bad in the photo.  I think it was because we added the colour in a circular motion over the paste then had to rub away the excess & soften the edges. I found that most of the colour came off.

It is quite a long process & after each layer of colour you add a matt medium (or gloss if you prefer) - so a lot of time is spent drying the canvas before you can proceed further.

Still - I enjoyed it enough to book on another workshop early in December - this time with a vintage style finish. So we will see how that goes.  But I also enjoyed it enough to go to B&Q today for a tube of the filler & I thought I would work on some small canvases I have.  Will let you know how I get on.

This morning was insert day - getting them made for the Christmas cards - so a lot of the cards now complete.

Tomorrow evening is the last of my HSNW club nights for this year, then of course, Thursday will see the final meeting of the year for Mold.

I have had a couple of emails from members with their news - so I will be back later to blog about them.

'Bye for now.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post