just chatting again

Hi everyone
OK - so to bring you up to date with what has been happening.

Yesterday morning I met with Sue down at Daleside Garden Centre where we had a light lunch & coffee & quite a long natter.  Sue sends her best to everyone who remembers her & wishes you all a Merry Christmas.

Then today started with the visit to Deeside Hospital for my blood test. I have to ring the Doctor on Friday afternoon to see if the results are in. This was followed by a trip over to Liverpool to spend a little time with Caroline & exchange our traditional Christmas Stockings. Very pleasant indeed & we visited one of her local garden centres whilst I was there.

Wow! what a drive back - it was just as that high wind had started to kick in & it was blowing hard against the car on the motorway.

Shortly after I got home I had a phone call .......... from the Doctor.  I do not have any immunity to Shingles.  So, I said to the receptionist - "where do we go from here".  She didn't know the Doctor had just asked her to ring me & tell me.  So I explained to her why I had had the blood test & surely if they were ringing ME on the same day of the blood test there was more to it.  Long & short of it - she went back to the Doctor & then rang me back to say that a message was being left for the Practice Nurse (I am trying to avoid a joke here about practice!!!!) & that she was to find me a slot in her appointments asap for me to have the vaccination.  So, I now wait for the call.
It's amazing that in my younger years I was put with 2 youngsters, at various times, who had chickenpox to try & catch it to get it out of the way.  Nothing - & yet I do not have any immunity to it.  Just good luck I suppose.  But I do not want it now, at my age.

Bob is beginning to feel better - some of his blisters have burst which gives him release from a taught skin, but is not too pleasant.  The medication is still making him very sleepy & he is still in a reasonable (reasonable? - is that the right word) amount of pain.

So that has been my last 2 days.

Probably back again tomorrow.  Take care in this wind.

Comments

  1. I do hope things get better for you - and more-so, Bob - very soon, what a pain! (poor pun intended) x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post