just chatting

Hi everyone - well, I didn't get my me time today after all.

My first task this morning was to get a call in to the Doctors surgery to get them to make a home visit to see Bob.

I thought I might have to have a verbal fight to get someone out - but no!  Once I had said what I thought was wrong - they agreed.  Now! bless him he has so much medication he will rattle if he falls over.  Doctor was most concerned as he has a really severe bout of shingles.

It was also decided that as I have never had chicken pox that I need to get a blood test to see if I have an immunity to it.  If not I need a vaccination - as it is not very nice if people "as old as me" get chicken pox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually, in truth those are my words - what the Doctor actually said was "at this age".  Hum!!! not much difference I think!

So on Monday I have to pick up a form to go to (possibly) Deeside Hospital & have a blood test. It appears that it is when the blisters burst that others are vulnerable - especially pregnant women. (Phew safe there).

So perhaps tomorrow after I have done the weekly shop I might be able to have this me time.

But at least once the Doctor had been - I shot off to get Bob's prescription & went to the Post Office to get the stamps for sending out Christmas Cards.  I had to smile - after asking her for the number of stamps I required - she keyed it in to her machine & then said something very quietly.  I had to ask her to repeat it & she said "if I whisper the amount it is not so much of a shock".  I love her thinking - but wow! how much?

So that is my day - I hope yours was better.  Have a great weekend & I will visit again to chat as best I can & also if there is anything to really chat about.

Comments

  1. Poor Bob, I do hope he feels better soon, and I hope you don't catch the chicken pox! Don't you just love the way doctors avoid mentioning 'age'? I've heard mine stutter and mutter about getting older without actually saying those words ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko