just chatting

Hi - so here we are - the shortest day of the year.  From today on the days get longer, the evenings get lighter.  But - according to the weather man on TV this morning - he reckons something along the lines of - days longer, winds stronger & he forecasts cold weather.

Mind you, it doesn't seem that long ago we were bemoaning the arrival of the longest day & how the dreary dark evenings would soon be with us.  Where does the time go?  Yes, I know - I am constantly asking that question & nobody can answer me.

I also noticed that the headlines in one paper - was "Christmas Day weather - Snow".  Ah well, it gives them something to print I guess.  News must be slow. Fingers crossed they are wrong.  I know if it snows around Christmas it does sort of make it magical & everywhere does look pretty in its new white dress - but ............ there are downsides to it.

I have had a very domestic, Christmas preparation day today.  Shopping etc - but it was brightened up for a short while in the afternoon when Elayne & Gareth dropped in to see us.  Guess what - I have even less to do - Gareth has made Christmas cake.

I am afraid I didn't get around to photographing that canvas that Caroline did for us - will do it tomorrow, when I hope the day will be less hectic.  I know the shops are open but I have promised myself not to go to them - to have a rest from the commercial world.

I have to say I am looking forward to Christmas Day - I always do - just this year is a little different family wise.  Just hope Bob has improved enough to enjoy it.

Have a good weekend - or at least what is left of it.  Take care in this awful rain & wind that has returned blowing everything about.

Sleep well, night night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko