more - just chatting

Hello everyone
Sorry I didn't write anything last night - but to be honest I was just worn out by the end of the day.

Bob is improving slowly & thank you for your messages - but as he can't help out with Christmas preparations as he normally does, especially shopping - it all falls on me - & it takes me just that bit longer now & I get tired.

Today I finally managed to get around to making the Christmas card for my brother & family - but in my haste to get it in the post to them I forgot to photograph it.  I used an 8x8 card with scalloped edge & used one of my Tonic dies that had the filigree frame & the tag centre, along with a die cut Merry Christmas.  I dressed it up with some silver snowflake peel-offs.  So continuing to stick with my white & silver theme.

With regard to my vaccination against shingles - even though the Doctor saw fit to ring me on the same day as my blood test to tell me I had no immunity - I still haven't had the vaccination.  The practice nurse is not in again until Monday!  So much for the visiting Doctor thinking it was urgent.

I forgot to tell you that when I visited Caroline on Wednesday she gave us a belated Wedding present.  It is a beautiful canvas decorated with flowers from our wedding - I had spares which she asked me if she could have.  I will try & remember to photograph it tomorrow & show it to you - it includes a photo of Bob & I that was taken before the wedding which we rather like.

Sitting here writing this blog & looking around my craft room - it is a mess!  I haven't tidied up for a couple of weeks whilst trying to get all the cards made.  Before I do anymore crafting - it has to be tidied.  Oh dear - another job to add to the list.

I think we have most of the food stuff for Christmas organised - there will be the turkey to collect on Christmas Eve.  I am lucky, as I am surrounded by 2 lovely girls who are helping by making things. Nadine is going to make her mince pie/tart that she has made for a few Christmas's now & Elayne is going to be making a Banoffee Pie.  Ooh are we going to eat well Christmas Day!

I hope your preparations are going well & that you have such lovely helpers too.

More tomorrow.

Oops! - nearly forgot - over the weekend I am going to try & take time out to bring the club pages up to date with what you will be doing in the first few months of 2014.  Watch this space.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko