Thumping

That is the name of one of the techniques we are going to be doing early in 2014.  It did cause quite a bit of hilarity at the CSNW meeting on Wednesday - but one thing that it did was make me think about the marker pens that are part of the materials list.

I do not mean the likes of Promarkers - I am talking about the "old fashioned" (dare I say) brush markers that we used to put ink directcly on the stamps years ago.  They were just very fat felt pens - but of course covered the surface of the stamps quicker.

At CSNW we discussed ordinary felt pens & several newbies to the craft did not know about brush markers.  So whilst out shopping today I kept in eye out for felt pens.  I found these


They are from Asda & as you can see cost a pound.  It is a pretty good range of colours too. You can see that they are dual tip - but they have been put together differently - the 2 halves of pens are joined together by a double ended clear lid in the middle.

So when I got home I thought I would try them out.  Without going into all the detail you ink an image then add some more colour to it.  Take a look -



This isn't, & wasn't intended to be a work of art - it was to show that it works.  The stamp was originally inked with an Adirondack Latte pad with just 2 colours tried from those felt pens afterwards.  So I reckon a pound is a good "doesn't break the bank" price to pay for trying this technique.

I would suggest if you want some - you go soon, as I reckon they will be used for stocking fillers at that price.  I will bring the pack to the meetings when we do this technique.  In fact I might buy another one so there is some to hand - as I know some club members do not read the blog.

OK - that is me for today.  

I will take photos at the workshop I am going to tomorrow & show you photos most likely on Sunday.  Have a great weekend.


Comments

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko